Followers

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Who

The Who is a British rock band who are mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. They are evolved from a group called The Detours in 1964. Their lineup :
lead singer Roger Daltrey, guitarist Pete Townshend, bassist John Entwistle and drummer Keith Moon.
Their first single " I Can't Explain" reached the top ten before a string of hits followed, including "My Generation".  Their strings of hits include "Who are You", "Pinball Wizard", I Can See For Miles", "Baba O Riley", "Won't Get Fooled Again" etc. The Who's live performances on stage have an auto-destructive mod with smashing of guitars and drums.
The group's drummer Keith Moon died on 7 Sept 1978 (drugs) aged 32 and was replaced by Kenney Jones. John Entwistle passed away in June 2002, (heart attack) aged 57.


 
The Zimmers, the world's oldest rock group at Beatles Studio, Abbey Road


"My Generation"
People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby
 
Main Photograph
The Who, The Melody Maker Awards, London, 1969
© Barrie Wentzell, 1969

No comments: